Friday, September 18, 2009

Ethan to the ER.......again

I had a haircut appt. last night and so Micah took the kids to the park. I guess they were walking (Ethan of course running) to the playground and he went flying into the sidewalk. Micah took him to urgent care and they said he had to take him to ER and Micah finally said "look, I'm a physician he's okay he just needs glue or stiches" They (no offense - but it was a nurse - there wasn't even a physician on site) were so concerned with head trauma and told Micah as a physician he should no better and that he needed to take Ethan to ER. (interesting thing is last time he had "head trauma" was just above his right eye and I took him to that urgent care and they never said a thing to me about head trauma concerns) Basically they were busy and didn't want to deal with him and that's the last time we will ever go there. Anyway, turned out to be a blessing because Micah took him to ER at hospital he works at and friend just had him come in the back and glued Ethan up and they were on their way in 10 minutes. I have to admit I was glad Micah was there to take care of it this time - I just don't deal well with blood. Not sure if I blogged this but about a month ago he fell outside and chipped his front tooth - thankfully baby tooth. Sigh........I'd like to hope this is the last, but deep down I know it's probably just to be continued.............


2 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

Poor guy! Glad he's okay. I'm with you on the blood issue. That's definitely Tyler's department.

Chad and Sondra said...

Chad says, "Two words...Bubble Boy."