Friday, October 17, 2008

Marathon

As promised some pics from the big race. I have to be honest it's been a rough week because I am so disappointed how the race went. Plain and simple it was just a bad day - I was more than 20 minutes off my time I should have finished at. As my loving and supportive hubby keeps telling me I did finish and that is the ultimate goal! Gives me something to work towards - I will have to do another one some day and beat my time! :)



Checking in and getting my bib and chip. There was an expo and had TONS of free stuff and everything and anything running you could dream about.

Taking advantage of the great sites in Chicago.
Chad (brother), Sondra (sister-in-law due feb. 28), Cherise (sister)

45,000 people registered to race, 33,000 started the race and I believe 31,000 finished the race.

It got to 85 degrees and was so hot - not ideal but everyone plugged through. They had hoses and hydrants spraying to cool all the runners off throughout the course which helped

I couldn't have trained and fulfilled this dream if it wasn't for Micah! Thank you honey for putting up with me and sacrificing to help make this possible for me!

Micah and my brother both ran with me, what was going to be 3 miles each turned into Chad running 6 miles with me and Micah running about 8 miles with me. It was nice having some company along the way and mostly just the encouragement to push me on. Thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!



.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Personally, I think it is pretty awesome that you ran a marathon at all! Be proud of yourself even if your time wasn't what you had hoped. :) Thanks for sharing pictures of your day!

belliesue said...

I hope it's okay if I jumped on to your blog. I just have to tell you congrats on your start and finish of the marathon! I think anyone who runs a marathon is an amazing person! Way to go! Keep up the great work!(Kellie Esplin)

Sarah said...

I'm so proud of you! That is a huge accomplishment!

Something I just saw on your blog today and realized for the first time: My friend Shana (long "a" sound though) has a sister named Sherese. Totally serious. Even though your names are all spelled different and you and Shana pronounce them differently, it is still really close! Crazy! Maybe this is just on my brain right now because Shana got married this afternoon, so I got to see her whole family. :)

kristin said...

awesome!!!! love that video, too! gave me tears, even :). after how disappointed you were with your time, I KNEW i'd be disappointed in mine..and honestly...I just kept thinking..."this is TOUGH..I just really want to FINISH!"...and I didn't even have the heat to blame!:) You look awesome! (I gained weight training for mine..go figure!?)

Dress Best for Less said...

Shanna - great job on the running! You go girl!