Sunday, October 12, 2008

26.2

SO - I ran my first marathon today! 26.2 miles if you don't know the distance. Something that I have always dreamed of doing and was in Chicago few years ago watching the marathon and decided when I run it - it will be in Chicago. I'm happy to say I finished and that was the ultimate goal. Wasn't the race day I dreamed of but that happens and it is what it is - I finished and I am happy about that! I think I'll stick with half marathons and other smaller distance from now on but it was an experience of a lifetime and I'm so glad I did it! Pictures to come..........

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! Good job, Shanna!

Pedersen Posse said...

Awesome! Running a marathon is something I've always wanted to do too.

kristin said...

go you!! can't wait to see pics!!! i'm soo proud of you!!!