Sunday, September 28, 2008

Powerballs

A yummy pretty healthy snack and fun for kids to help make! A different take on no bake cookies. I found these out of a magazine (WonderTime) that a friend sent me! (Thank you Sherri-Lynn!) A great little protein sweet treat for any time of the day.


Ingredients:

1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Honey
3 cups Oats
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup Chocolate Chips
1 cup combo of nuts and dried fruit (my fav is 1/2 cup chopped peanuts and 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins or combo of raisins and dried cranberries)

Mix peanut butter and honey until smooth. Gradually add in oats and flaxseed. Add in rest of the ingredients and mix gently with hands. Roll into ping-pong size balls (I like to do variety of sizes) and put on cookie sheet. Stick them in the fridge or freezer until firm and then keep in ziploc or tupperware. Store in fridge or freezer.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Those sound good! Marissa can't have PB till she's 3, but I bet Natalie would love them (and me too!) :)