Friday, February 13, 2009

Vacation

So, we have some very dear friends Christopher and Mandy that we have known for 11 years. We met in college and have remained so close. Christopher is a physician as well and when the guys were in medical school we went on vacation together and then made a pact that when the guys finish residency we would take a trip together. Well 7 years later here we are and we are making good on our pact. We are heading to Kansas tonight to drop the kids off at my parents and then leave tomorrow for a week on a cruise in southern caribbean with Christopher and Mandy. I am so excited but also feeling guilty for leaving my kiddos. I know they will be fine and that it is good for them to have time away from us but you know......Still lots to do today, anyone else always like to have their house spotless before they leave somewhere - I love it when I get back but wondering if I'm going to get it all done today!!!! Hello sunshine here I come!!!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Have fun! It is a lot of work to clean before you go, but it is one less thing to do when you return! :-)

Pedersen Posse said...

Have a good time! You've earned it. I'm jealous! And yes, I like to leave the house clean. I very much dislike coming home to a mess.

Kim said...

Your trip sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it. I always try to have my house clean, but it always seems at the last minute it gets wrecked b/c we can't find something we need. Hope you have a good time playing in the sunshine!