Monday, August 10, 2009

10 years

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. Where has this summer gone? On August 7, Micah and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary! If you haven't heard the story here you go. My family moved to Hutchinson, Kansas area when I was in 6th grade and that is when I met first met Micah. Both of our families went to the same church and we were in the same class in school. Micah asked me out every year (I still have a note from 6th grade from him that says "will you go with me circle yes or no") and I always thought of him as a very good friend but finally middle of our senior year in high school it all clicked and we've been together since. I transfered out to Virginia to college our sophomore year and then Micah came out junior year and we got married before our senior year (yes we were young). So in 10 years we have lived in 6 states (Kansas, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Ohio and Nebraska) and have added 2 wonderful kiddos to our family and who knows what the next 10 years will bring. We are currently on our way home from our trip to Maui (sitting in Dallas airport with 4 hour layover) celebrating 10 great years! We met A LOT of honeymooners and you should have saw their reaction from most when we told them we were celebrating our 10 year anniv. and not on our honeymoon - we just followed it up with yes we were young. Micah surprised me and brought our wedding video (yes it was VHS but he had it made into DVD) and we had a lot of fun watching it and seeing all our friends and family from 10 years ago! We enjoyed some good laughs! :) To the next 10 wonderful years honey!


Our last night on the beach - we watched the sunset.
Ziplining
On our actual anniversary we went to a Luau.
Black sand beach

Micah's birthday is August 1st so I told him I would go golfing with him for his gift. If I could golf with the ocean in view, I would go a lot more! :)



4 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

Happy Anniversary! Hawaii looks like it was a lot of fun!

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary and I loved your story. :) That is so sweet. You look terrific, great pictures!

Lisa said...

Congrats you two!!! Maui is a great place to celebrate your anniversary!

Kendra George said...

Glad to see a little of your trip!! Can't wait to catch up when you get a chance...looks like you had fun, but i'm not surprised, who wouldn't in Hawaii!! Love you!!