Monday, August 18, 2008

First Urgent Care Visit (first of many)

Friday I had my first urgent care visit with Ethan. I was getting the kids ready for naps and they were playing in Kayla's room and I went into Ethan's room to get something. I heard Ethan start crying and figured he must have fallen (not unusal) so I didn't rush over and then Kayla came in freaking out and kept saying "mommy, mommy he's bleeding" and she was all panicky so I went rushing in and he was face down on the floor with blood everywhere. Let's just say there is a reason I never chose the medical field - I don't do well with blood! I picked him up and I think he fell right on the corner of a wood block and the gash in his head was very deep. I normally would have called Micah right away but of course he was taking boards and there was no way I could reach him. I knew he needed stiches so off we went to the urgent care, thankfully after much discussion they decided to go with glue. Seriously, how would you put stiches in an active almost one year old boy? Being the happy little boy that Ethan is, he was smiling and charming the nurses through the whole thing. This pic is with Aunt Cherise friday evening and he was still happy!

Friday night my sister and I met my mom in Kansas City for the weekend. We stayed at The Plaza and had a great relaxing time shopping, talking and eating! :) The kiddos got to have bonding time with Micah and I was quite impressed of all the outings that they went on. He is such a great daddy.

On a side note Micah feels good about boards overall. Many of you asked and he won't find out the results for 8-12 weeks. Go figure, medical world drawing things out!!!!!!

3 comments:

kristin said...

sorry the boy had to split his head open! That's scary, isn't it??? Reagan did that when she was about that age....falling into the pond by our house! yikes!! Glad Micah's done with boards...but sorry for the wait...isn't that a ridiculous wait? grr! how's the running going??? what are you up to?

Sarah said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to freak out the first time one of my kids gets a major gash. Proud of you for handling it so well by yourself!

Chad and Sondra said...

oh my goodness, how scary! I don't do blood well either and already freak out if Chad is bleeding or hurt in any way. He's like, what are you going to do when it's our kid?? And I say, send them to Nurse Frieda or Dr. Micah! :) We'll be anxious to hear how Micah's boards went, although I'm sure he did great!